10 Thing to Do While Quarantined: Teacher Edition
Hi teachers! I hope this post finds you staying healthy, safe and sane during this unexpected time. I can only imagine the feelings that you are navigating each week, each day, and even each hour. I would like to suggest a few ideas for how to stay busy during this time away from your classrooms and students. I even created a Bingo board for you because I know how much we all love a good game of BINGO!
- Learn a new skill on YouTube. (Make-up and nail art has been my go to!)
- Begin to study a new language using my favorite foreign language app Duolingo.
- Experiment with making smoothies to boost your fruit and veggie intake and strengthen your immune system.
- Clean out old pictures and/or apps on your phone.
- Find new apps or games that interest you (especially ones you can connect with friends on).
- Watch a new movie, show or book. (If you’re a reader I highly recommend that you download Scribd and take advantage of the unlimited reads and audio books available to you!)
- Sign up for things that have a free trial period and explore before the trial ends.
- Research future funding opportunities for yourself and your class using Donors Choose. (Don’t forget you can get funded to attend professional development opportunities.)
- Find a fun home based workout app. (FitOn is a FREE favorite of mine! Did you also know Amazon Prime Video has video workouts to stream?!)
- Find at least one thing you’re grateful for each day even in the midst of uncertainty and our new (not-so-normal) normal.
BONUS: Play Quarantine Bingo and see how many spaces you can fill over the next few weeks!
These are a few things that I have done, plan to do, or have heard other educators doing, so I wanted to share the ideas with you. What did I miss? Do you have anything to add? I’d love to hear from you in the comments and learn how you’re staying busy during this time!