20 Common Pre-K/K Teacher Phrases!
I’m sure you’ve had moments during the school year when you had to pause and think… “Did I just say that?!” This always happened to me early in my career when I was less aware that I’d spend many days saying things I never had to say before. I don’t know about you but I just didn’t realize I’d ever have to say, “Stop licking your friends please!” After about a month in kindergarten, that quickly changed.
I’ve compiled a list of common phrases that Pre-K and Kinder teachers have shared in trainings and that I found myself saying as well! Use this as a checklist and see which ones you’ve said before. If you have something else that isn’t on the list, I’d love to hear from you in the comments section at the bottom!
- Go play!
- Please take that out of your mouth!
- Did you sign in?
- Where’s your book bag?
- Put a wet paper towel on it and see if that helps.
- I’ll wait….I’m waiting.
- Walking feet please!
- Let’s give (insert name) a ________ cheer!
- Go get a book and take it to your seat.
- Is your name on your paper?
- Do we need to practice this during recess?
- I like the way (insert name) is patiently waiting.
- Get a drink of water and see if that helps.
- One dot, not a lot.
- You get what you get and don’t pitch a fit!
- If it comes off again, it’s mine!
- No sweetie, it’s not Halloween yet.
- No honey, tomorrow is not Christmas.
- They’re pulling our parapro again?!
- Is it Friday yet?
So how’d you do? Did I miss any of your most used or common teacher saying? Drop them in the comments below! Thanks for interacting!
Use you listening ears!
Did you lose you good manners? Let’s check your pocket?
How would you feel if she/he did that to you?
Here are your choices. You pick…. Good choice!
Did you flush and wash your hands?
Why is there pee in the wall?
Let’s see how fast you can clean up… 1,2,3
Boogers are not a food group.
Jillian, these are all good ones! Haha! 🙂 I don’t know how “Use you’re listening ears” didn’t make it to the list of 20!
Inside we use, quiet voices!
I can’t understand what you are saying. Take a deep breath smell the flowers, blow out the candles. Or take a deep breath, hold it, exhale.
Wenonah, these are good ones too! Thanks for interacting and sharing!